This is a simplified, online version of the Ecma International, TC39 Software Submitter Contribution Form and associated policies for use for contributions to all versions of the ECMAScript conformance test suites for standards ECMA-262 and ECMA-402 (currently combined in the test262 repository) and for possible future ECMAScript standards.
I. General Information
II. Representations and Warranties; Disclaimer of Other Warranties; Grant of Copyright License
- Software Submitter represents and warrants at the time of this submission by it that, (i) if Software Submitter is making the submission on behalf of an entity, (A) such entity has authorized the submission, and (B) the Software Submitter signing this agreement is hereby authorized to make Software submissions on behalf of the legal entity, (ii) to the reasonable knowledge of the employee or individual actually making the submission, the submission is subject to the terms of Ecma International Policy on Inclusion of Software in Standards and Technical Reports (the ”Policy”) [available at http://www.ecma-international.org/memento/TC39%20experimental%20policy.htm] and does not violate the copyright or trade secret interests of another, and (iii) nothing in the submission is subject to any third party software license agreement that is inconsistent with the Policy or that could impose an additional obligation on any party using the Software as contemplated by Ecma International (such as, without limitation, an open source license with on-going obligations to distribute source code or to license additional intellectual property rights on a royalty-free basis if the software is redistributed).
- SOFTWARE SUBMITTER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES (EXCEPT THOSE SET FORTH IN SECTION II. A ABOVE), EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (I) ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE OR THAT THE SUBMISSION DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECUTAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, (II) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND (III) THAT THE RIGHTS AND LICENSES GRANTED HEREUNDER COMPRISE ALL THE RIGHTS AND LICENSES NECESSARY OR DESIRABLE TO PRACTICE DEVELOP, MAKE OR SELL PRODUCTS WHICH IMPLEMENT THE SOFTWARE.
- Software Submitter either (choose one):
- ☑ hereby grants a license to the Software pursuant to the BSD License set forth below.
- ☐ hereby grants to Ecma International and its members, an irrevocable, worldwide perpetual, royalty free, nontransferable, non-exclusive license under its copyrights in its software submission to modify such software submission and reproduce the modified or unmodified software submission for the sole purpose of developing an Ecma standard . Requires submission of PDF form linked above.
- Software Submitter hereby grants to Ecma International, a worldwide, irrevocable, nontransferable royalty free copyright license to reproduce, create derivative works, distribute, display, perform and sublicense the rights to reproduce, make derivative works of , distribute, display and perform its copyright interest in its Software submission or portions thereof incorporated into final Ecma International Standards.
- Software Submitter acknowledges that, while Software Submitter continues to own the copyright in the Software that it submits, Ecma International owns, and has the right to enforce, the copyright in the collective work (e.g., the Ecma International Standard that incorporates all text and Software contributions).
- Software Submitter acknowledges the applicability of and agrees to abide by the terms of the Ecma Code of Conduct in Patent Matters with respect to patents that are required to implement the subject final Ecma International Standard.
- Except as expressly set forth herein, the Software Submitter reserves for itself all other intellectual property rights in its Software submission and makes no assignment, license or other transfer or any other intellectual property rights.